Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer 2008

Wow!! I have finished posting my vacation within a month of my return. I have been home since the 2 of July. Over the 4th, I went to a Parry Family Reunion in Spanish Fork Canyon. On the 7th we held the Neff Family BBQ here.

I bought and planted 20 flats of flowers in the garden. I am not so good at keeping them, however, between the snails and the very warm weather we have enjoyed. I got them for a good price and there are enough living to add some color.

I was able to help with John and Rhonda's children a few days after Rhonda's gallbladder surgery on the 10th. It was fun to be there and watch them play. We planted a few flowers in their front yard.

On July 17 we had the Family History Center Staff Dinner in the back yard. We had a good group and lots of good food.

July 22 was the first meeting of a ward book group. We read and discussed "Rachel and Leah" by Orson Scott Card. On the 23 I went to Lagoon with Steve, Corey and their family, Sandy, Martin, Dusan, Jamie and her children (David came after work), Kylie and Taylor. I had fun going with the youngest ones on the Terror Ride. I like it because it is cool and shaded inside and the kids are soooo brave to go on it, over and over and over again. They are really funny.

Uncle Karl Shaw's father passed away and we attended his funeral on the 29th.

On the 30th and 31st I met and worked with a granddaughter of Grandma Jane C Parry's sister Ivy. She had found my name through the new family search and is here from Las Vegas. I have a lot of pictures of the Johnson family and Grandma and Grandpa when they lived in Mexico. We have been scanning the ones she wants into the computer so she can take them home. It has been fun to get to know her and to learn more about the family.

No comments: